Last Updated 16/3/2022
- Information We Collect
FEI gathers two basic types of information through the Site: “Non-Personally Identifiable Information” (or “Non-PII”) and “Personally Identifiable Information” (or “PII”). Non-PII is aggregated information, demographic information, Internet protocol addresses (IP addresses) and any other information that does not reveal your specific identity and cannot be combined with other information to determine your identity (or where PII has been de-identified and there is not a reasonable likelihood of re-identification occurring). PII is information that identifies or can identify you as an individual (such as residential address, email address, telephone number, or billing information) and includes “personal information” as defined in the Privacy Act (which is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable: whether the information or opinion is true or not; and. whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not).
A. Non-Personally Identifiable Information – When you visit and interact with the Site, FEI and third parties with whom we have contracted to provide services to us may collect Non-PII (for example, a catalog of the Site pages you visit). Our systems are designed so that Non-PII does not identify you personally. Non-PII is generally collected through the Site from four different sources: IP addresses and web logs; cookies; pixel tags and other similar technologies; and other non-PII that you voluntarily provide (as explained below).
B. P Addresses and Web Logs – This Site’s web servers automatically collect the IP addresses and log files of visitors. Your IP address is an identifying number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). This number is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you visit the Site, along with the time(s) of your visit(s) and the page(s) that you visited. This information is collected in an aggregate form only and our systems are not designed to collect information like this so that it would contain any PII. We use your IP address, and the IP addresses of all users, for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose problems with the Site’s servers, and administering the Site.
C. Cookies & Pixel Tags – We, our FEI Affiliates and our service providers may use a standard technology called a “cookie” to collect information about how you use the Site. Cookies reside on your computer and help the Site recognize your computer’s browser as a previous visitor. In addition, on occasion our Site may also set a “session cookie” which helps us administer the Site. The session cookie expires when you close your browser and does not retain any information about you after it expires.
You will be provided an opportunity to opt out of our websites use of non-essential cookies before they are placed on your computer, though some functionality of the websites may be reduced as a result.
Pixel Tags – We, our FEI Affiliates and our service providers may also use so-called “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs” or similar means (collectively, “Pixel Tags”) in connection with some Site pages and HTML-formatted email messages to, among other things, compile aggregate statistics about Site usage and response rates. A Pixel Tag is an electronic image, often a single pixel (1×1), that is ordinarily not visible to Site visitors and may be associated with cookies on the visitors’ hard drives. Pixel Tags are not designed to collect any PII but to allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of the Site, to deliver branded services, and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns. When used in HTML-formatted email messages, Pixel Tags can tell the sender whether and when an email has been opened.
Personally Identifiable Information – You may use many features of this Site without providing any PII. However, in order to take advantage of particular opportunities made available through the Site (for example, to access services provided by this Site such as event updates, chat room forums and/or personalized content, contests or promotions, or pre-sale opportunities) we may require that you furnish PII to us such as: your name, postal address, telephone number, fax number, email address, age, gender, credit card number or other payment account number, billing address or information, transaction details relating to any purchase(s) that you have made with us or that have been made on your behalf, preferences that you select or health-related information (for example to accommodate special needs seating requests), or other information as required by national or local regulations. Please keep in mind that you may also be providing PII when you submit comments through chat rooms, forums, message boards or news groups, although we do not intend to collect or use such PII from these sources. We collect PII from you through the Site when you voluntarily provide it. When you provide PII, the information may be sent to and stored on servers located in the United States or processed in a third country outside Australia, such as Singapore, by us or a third party service provider before being transferred to the United States. This may be the case where the management/administration of our processes are in another country for efficiency. Some of the countries to where your personal information is transferred have a different standard of data protection than Australia or the country in which you are situated. However, we have put in place contractual or other appropriate protections to ensure that your personal information is safeguarded to the same standards globally.
- How Information We Collect Is Used (Non-PII and PII)
A. Non-Personally Identifiable Information – Non-PII which does not personally identify you may be used by us for any of our business purposes. For example, we may use Non-PII to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the Site and pages viewed as well as to diagnose problems with our servers and to administer the Site. We may then use this Non-PII information to analyze and improve the features and functionality of this Site. We may use Non-PII information about on an aggregate basis to sell and deliver advertising, promotions and content that we believe will be of interest to our Site visitors including you.
In addition, we reserve the right to share such Non-PII, which does not personally identify you, with third parties, for any of our business purposes. For example, we may share information with advertisers or other third parties that are not part of the FEI family on an aggregate or other basis that does not disclose any of your PII.
B. Personally Identifiable Information –
i. Site: We may use PII you give us to better tailor your website experience to your interests, and to show you content you may be interested in and to display the content according to your preferences. Your PII may also be shared among FEI companies and FEI Affiliates to enhance your experience on other FEI websites. To the extent we do so, our systems and procedures aim to ensure that your PII receives the same level of data protection throughout FEI’s websites.
ii. Communications: If you choose to opt-in (including by purchasing a ticket to any FEI production in Australia), your PII may be used for FEI companies and companies that have licensed content to any FEI companies for FEI productions (collectively, “FEI Affiliates”) to send you communications with information about FEI or FEI Affiliates and their services and promotional material from some of their affiliates, vendors or advertisers. If at any time you prefer to no longer receive such direct marketing communications, please see the “Opt-In Policy” section below.
iv. Fulfillment of Requests: FEI may use your PII to fulfill the purpose for which such PII was provided (e.g., to confirm your registration or fulfill your purchase).
vi. Internal Business Purposes: We may also use your PII for our internal business purposes among FEI Affiliates, such as to target advertising, for data analysis, for audits and for other internal purposes.
vii. Shopping/Commercial Services: This Site may offer merchandise and/or ticket purchase services, which may be offered by us, our FEI Affiliates or by one of our e-commerce vendors. To the extent the merchandise and/or ticket purchase services are offered by one of our e-commerce vendors, such e-commerce vendors will be collecting and using the PII you provide. For more information regarding your transactions with our e-commerce vendors, please refer to Section 4(b) below.
To the extent FEI is the entity offering the purchase services, when you make a purchase through the Site, we may collect your credit card number or other payment account number (for example, your PayPal account number), billing address and other information related to such purchase (collectively, “Payment Information”) from you. We will use the Payment Information that you provide to charge you for your purchase and to fulfill your purchase. By providing your Payment Information, you are authorizing us to give that information to third parties as necessary to confirm and fulfill your order (for example, to process your credit card or payment account number and to send you products you have ordered).
viii. Email This to a Friend: The Site may allow you to forward certain items posted on Site or links to Site features by email or Instant Messenger to other parties who you believe may be interested. If you wish to use this feature, you may provide us with such other party’s email address or Instant Messenger screen name so that we can facilitate your sending of such message to such other party. To do so, any PII you provide in connection with sending such other party the message, such as your name and your email address or Instant Messenger screen name, will, of course, be disclosed to such other party. While, due to technical restrictions, the recipient’s email address or Instant Messenger screen names may be retained in our log files, we do not knowingly share it with third parties, and we do not use this PII for any purpose except to send this message (unless the recipient has already consented to such use of his/her PII). You represent that you will have obtained the consent of the third party and so are authorized to provide us with the third party’s personal information for such purpose before you give it to us.
- How Personally Identifiable Information We Collect Is Disclosed
A. Affiliate Communications: If you choose to opt-in to direct marketing (including by purchasing a ticket to any FEI production in Australia), we may share your PII among other FEI Affiliates, so that FEI Affiliates may send you announcements and notifications of events, products or services that might be of interest to you. For further information, please see the “Opt-In Policy” section below.
B. Third Party Communications: If you choose to opt-in, we may also share your PII with third parties to allow such third parties to send promotional communications to you. For further information, please see the “Opt-In Policy” section below.
G. Assignment: We reserve the right to transfer any and all information including your PII that we collect from users of the Site or you to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of FEI’s business, assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- Collection of Information by Third Parties
D. Third Party Advertising – The ads appearing on this Site are delivered to you by third-party advertisers. Non-PII about your visits to this Site, such as number of times you have viewed an ad, is used to serve ads to Site visitors and you. While serving advertisements to this Site, our third-party advertisers may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser.
- Opt-In Policy
A. FEI Communications – When you supply FEI with PII, from time-to-time, at FEI’s discretion, you may be asked to indicate whether you are interested in receiving direct marketing or information from us about special offers in connection with the Site, FEI, FEI Affiliates, vendors or advertisers. If you do choose to opt-in to receive such communications, (including by purchasing a ticket to any FEI production in Australia) we may, from time to time, send you marketing communications. If at any time you change your mind and no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, you may opt-out of such marketing communications by using the link provided in our newsletters or commercial email messages to opt-out of receiving further marketing communications from us. If you do submit a request to opt-out, FEI will implement this change in a reasonable time frame. Please be aware that your requested change will not be effective until FEI implements such change, and such requests will be implemented only in connection with your Site profile and will not impact any preferences you may have made to any other site controlled, owned or operated by FEI or our FEI Affiliates.
B. Affiliate and Third-Party Communications – From time-to-time in FEI’s discretion, you may be provided with the opportunity to opt-in to receive offers directly from FEI, FEI Affiliates and/or from third parties. If you do choose to accept any such offer(s) or you opt-in to FEI Affiliate communications by purchasing a ticket to any FEI production in Australia, any PII provided to FEI for such purposes may be shared with the applicable third parties / FEI Affiliates, to allow them to provide you with such offers and communications. If you change your mind and would prefer that we no longer share your PII with FEI Affiliates and/or with third parties for their marketing purposes, you may opt-out of such future sharing at any time.
C. Allowing FEI to share PII with FEI Affiliates for their marketing purposes and/or Allowing FEI to share PII with third-party companies for their marketing purposes – Please note that if you opt-out as described above, (i) we will not be able to remove your PII from the databases of our FEI Affiliates or third parties with which we have already shared your PII (i.e., to which we have already provided your PII as of the date that we implement your opt-out request), therefore you must contact such affiliates or third parties directly in order to opt-out of further marketing communications made directly from them or utilize the opt-out mechanisms set forth in their respective privacy policies or marketing messages; and (ii) you may still be presented new offers from FEI and/or FEI Affiliates or third parties while you are within the Site, including offers from those third parties which you have opted-out of receiving direct offers; but in connection with each new offer within the Site you will have the right not to accept such offers. In the event you receive an offer from a third party through our Site, but choose not to accept it, your PII will not be shared with them.
- Accessing, Updating or Deleting Information Collected About You– This Site also gives you the opportunity to modify or remove PII that you have provided to us by way of this Site. You may do so by modifying your password-protected registered user information on the Site. To the extent that such PII information is stored in our databases, we will respond to your changes as soon as reasonably possible, although please understand that although this information, once deleted, is not available on the Site, that information may remain stored indefinitely in our backup and archival records. To the extent that such PII information is not stored in our databases, we cannot always ensure that these corrections or deletions will reach such other databases in the same timely manner. FEI retains PII only as long as reasonably necessary to deliver the products or services for which the PII was provided or as otherwise needed to fulfil our legal obligations.
- Security of Your PII– PII collected by FEI is stored on servers located in the United States of America but may be processed by third-parties in other foreign jurisdictions such as Singapore. FEI employs reasonable security measures consistent with standard industry practice, for PII collected through this Site, including physical, electronic, and operational measures to maintain security and prevent unauthorized access. While FEI takes all appropriate steps to safeguard PII under our control, unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or method of storing data can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As such, we cannot guarantee that PII supplied by users will not be accessed on our servers or intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. To the maximum extent permitted under applicable law and without prejudice to any rights that you may have under the Australian Consumer Law we assume no liability for any damages you may suffer because of unlawful interception, alteration, or misuse of information during such transfers by third parties. If you have reason to believe that there has been any breach of the security of the Site, please contact us at [email protected]. Please remember that security of the username and password you create when you register with the Site is your responsibility; we recommend that you do not share them with anyone. If you share your username and password, you are providing access to your PII. You will be responsible for all uses of your registration, whether or not authorized by you. You agree to immediately notify FEI via email to the address above of any unauthorized use of your username or password.
- Contacting FEI Regarding this Site– If you have any questions concerning this Policy, you may send them by email to our Chief Privacy Officer at [email protected].
Please note that email communications will not necessarily be secure; accordingly you should not include credit card information or any other sensitive information in such email correspondence with us. You must send any official or legal correspondence via postal mail to:
Feld Entertainment, Inc.
8607 Westwood Center Drive, Suite 500
Vienna, VA 22182
Attention: Chief Privacy Officer
- Access to Your PII– We appreciate your assistance in keeping your PII up to date and accurate. You are entitled to access, verify, amend and/or correct your PII collected by FEI or opt out of receiving direct marketing communications. You are encouraged to contact our Privacy Officer at [email protected], or the above postal address to verify, correct or update your PII. If you have a concern regarding the collection, use or disclosure of your PII by FEI, please contact our Privacy Officer. Your concern will be investigated, and you will be notified as soon as possible of the outcome of the investigation and any action required as a result. If you request access to your personal information or ask us to correct or update information about you, we may need to verify your identity. In some circumstances, there may be a valid reason for us to deny your request to access or correct your information. If we do this, we will tell you why.
- Complaints – We will respond to any privacy-related complaints within a reasonable period of time. If we are unable to resolve your privacy complaint or you are unhappy with the resolution we propose, you have the right to contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) via their website, oaic.gov.au. We would appreciate the chance to understand your concerns in the first instance before your contact the OAIC, however.